Saturday, August 1, 2015

Clicking Around...

Wow, this was a fast week that actually went by so slowly in my mind.  Hope that makes some sense ;)  My two oldest sons went to Boy Scout camp and *loved* it.  While they were gone I had grand plans of planning school, a little purging in the small library that I have created over the years {yes, books are my weakness} and just getting things a little more in order.

Well, let's just say...the best laid plans.....
My youngest son had other ideas which were WAY more fun than mine.  We played lots of Clue, chess, Uno and some Mario Kart.  We went mini golfing, out to lunch and roasted marshmallows.  It was a little too hot and humid for my tastes, but, we managed to have a great time. 

Although I missed the oldest two {ALOT}, the quiet time here was nice!  There is always a difference once you take one son {does not matter which one} out of the mix.  There is no sibling feuding and sniping that tends to happen with kids close in age.

It was quite relaxing :-)  A sort of staycation of sorts.

Anyway...here are some wonderful articles I happened upon in the past week or so that I wanted to share.

While reading Celeste's post about her commonplace, I found a wonderful link to Anthony Esolen's "Reform and Renewal Starts With Us".  
Always love what Esolen has to say and this piece pretty much sums it up pretty concisely!

Just Like That...just about made me cry and pretty much tells what is on my heart lately about my oldest son 

Sarah's piece about I Am Not An Airplane was a sort of relief to read.  Nice to know that I am not the only one trying to do it all!

And of course I have been working on my school plans and am thanking Brandy profusely for sharing all of her plans!

That's it for now...off to have some fun!

Have a great weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment