Tuesday, April 29, 2014

An April Daybook {the Happy Birthday to Me edition}



Outside my window…

The birds are singing and the wind is blowing lightly.  Hoping for more glorious sunshine today!

Giving thanks…

For spring and all of the loveliness that is blooming around me!

I am thinking about…

How very blessed I am and how this coming year is going to be amazing.  Trying not to take any of this for granted and to stay in the moment as much as possible without mentally hopping on to the next thing.

In the Schoolroom…

Wrapping up our school year in the next few weeks.  I am really not in any rush to complete our work this year.  I have been re-thinking things and realize that there is no need to do “it all” just to have it all done.  Slow, steady appreciation of beauty soothes and nourishes the soul better.  I am actively choosing quality over quantity and resting in Him.
We'll take a little time off when we are done, and then I have some fun things planned for the summer including a nature study and learning Latin.

 

From the kitchen…

Nothing from me at the moment, but, I can hear little people baking a birthday cake for me.

I am creating…

A sweet little baby blanket for my niece’s baby due in a few months.
I remember when I was creating sweet little babies...seems so long ago.

 

I don’t ever want to forget…

The way Lovey Dovey loves to read to me!  He just grabs his book and we snuggle up and I just look at him and soak in all of the love that just pours out of this boy.  Right now we are working our way through The Early Reader's Bible and he just cannot get enough!

  

 I am working on…

Planning our garden for this year.  We are going to try Square Foot Gardening this year and I am SO excited about it!  We just purchased our seeds from and will plant in a few weeks.

I am reading…

Many different books:
 For myself, I am reading a few books simultaneously.
-The All New Square Foot Gardening
-Hold on to Your Kids
-The 4:8 Principle The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life
-The Living Page

With my little people we are reading:
-Amon’s Adventures
-On the Banks of Plum Creek
-The Horse and His Boy

all.great.reads :-)

I am praying…

For my brothers, my sons, my husband and myself {I tend to forget that last one at times}

I am struggling…

To find complete and total rest in Him and hand over the reigns and just follow His lead.
Baby steps…one day at a time :-)

I am hearing…

Podcasts and audio lectures!  Love, love, love  :-)

Here are a few that should not be missed!

--Teaching From a State of Rest audio lecture with Andrew Kern.  Fantastic and well worth listening to!
--RAR #1  Sarah @amongstlovelythings has been working very hard on creating a community to nourish the momma heart.  She just made her first podcast chatting with Andrew Pudewa from IEW and it was AWESOME!
--Nurturing  Competent Communicators with Andrew Pudewa.  Some very good information  and well worth listening to more than once.


 

Clicking around…


Around the house…

Books everywhere. Trying to revamp, regroup and reorganize the school room as well as the rest of our home.

One of my favorite things…

Finding JOY in all of the little things in every day life.

I swear, once you do it and make it a habit, it is SO addicting and you find yourself happier and more filled with grace and joy for your efforts.  So much of our noise that fills our days is negative thinking and outside influence.  Once we realize that only positive thoughts come from God we begin creating a virtuous cycle which is a JOY to live!

A few plans for the next week…

Eating a little birthday cake and spending as much time outside as possible soaking in the sunshine.




No comments:

Post a Comment